Acting & Coaching
Virtual LAMDA Coaching
Long Lane Theatre Company offer one-to-one virtual LAMDA teaching and acting coaching, available no matter where you are in the world!
Weekly one-to-one sessions with one of our LAMDA acting tutors where you or your child will prepare to take LAMDA exams. Our virtual LAMDA coaching can cover:
- Public Speaking
- Speaking Verse and Pro's
- Introductory grades for 5+
Exams can be taken at one of LAMDA's international public centres, or at our own private centre in London.
Why LAMDA Exams?
All kinds of people could benefit from taking LAMDA exams:
- Anyone who loves drama and wants to do more.
- Drama students, who want to polish their skills, improve stage technique, work with interesting texts and prepare for auditions.
-Those who want to improve spoken English and work on presentation skills.
- Students who could LAMDA as a way of gaining extra UCAS points.
The process of preparing for and succeeding in a LAMDA examination essentially helps learners, whatever their ages or aspirations, to develop a broad range of skills that will serve them throughout life. Across the range, LAMDA examinations develop a learners ability to:
- Read easily, fluently and with good understanding.
- Expand vocabulary to improve powers of self-expression.
- Improve confidence in speaking and listening.
- Memorise and recap information.
No matter what direction students may choose to follow in the future, LAMDA examinations provide the opportunity to nurture their natural abilities.
These critical skills will enhance their self-confidence to engage and contribute fully, whether at school, in further education or in work. Our examinations are rooted in encouraging participants to develop a love of literature, poetry and drama and thus improve standards of communication through spoken word. Their syllabuses provide a wide range of opportunities to do so. Ultimately, it is the sense of achievement for the student.
Succeeding in a LAMDA examination demonstrates not only that students have met rigorous assessment criteria in a particular discipline, but also that they have grown as individuals through participating in a worthwhile activity that is respected as a global standard.